Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

2 stroke carb disassembly

RI

05-25-08, 09:18 AM   #1  

Hi,
Have a Troy Built trimmer. 3 years old. Will start but keeps flooding up after about 5 secs. Figure needle's stuck or something's gummed up. Figure soaking the carb parts might help. How much should I disassemble the carb? Should I soak the diaphram?
Thanks

Last edited by rusty88; 05-25-08 at 09:19 AM. Reason: mis-spelling

Sponsored Links
Forum Topic Moderator

GA

05-26-08, 12:10 AM   #2  
Don't soak the diaphragm or any rubber parts. Take both sides off the carb and this should be sufficient unless the carb is a real mess inside. You should also remove the needle and clean it and the area where it seats.

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

RI

05-26-08, 08:34 AM   #3  
2 stroke carb

Posted By: cheese Don't soak the diaphragm or any rubber parts. Take both sides off the carb and this should be sufficient unless the carb is a real mess inside. You should also remove the needle and clean it and the area where it seats.
Thanks for the input...will do.

RI

06-04-08, 09:43 AM   #4  

Posted By: rusty88 Thanks for the input...will do.
I tried soaking the carb. Didn't fix it. I was afraid to soak the whole thing (I did take off all the rubber & plastic parts) There was one white plastic part under the Plastic Choke that I couldn't get out and left it in but did not submerge that part of the carb. There's a block in there somewhere as I'm getting gas flowing through when I pump the primer button. Is it OK to soak the whole carb w/ that white plastic part still in place?

Thanks

Forum Topic Moderator

GA

06-04-08, 11:54 PM   #5  
A block? Doesn't sound like a blockage to me, but more like a needle not seating or a bad diaphragm. Did you remove the needle? Are you reassembling with new diaphragms/gaskets? I don't know what white piece you're talking about, but you should be able to soak the carb for short periods of time with all rubber parts removed, depending on what you're soaking it in.

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

Search this Thread