kohler command ch18s compression problems?

Old 05-25-08, 10:57 PM
Post kohler command ch18s compression problems?

Kohler command ch18s motor on a 2185 cub. After mowing the other day my mower backfired when I shut it off. About 10 minutes later I started it back up to drive in the garage and heard a tapping noise. I felt it under the valve cover after removing the valve cover I found that the pushrod had come out from under the rocker arm. I took the rod out and examined it and it was not bent. Reinstalled and started the mower and left it idling give it just a bit more throttle and it seemed like something was holding it back as far as power and running smoothly so I shut it off. I pulled the plug on that side and put my finger over the plug hole and turned over the engine and it wouldn't even blow my finger out. Is this maybe a valve or cam problem? Thanks for any help

Sponsored Links
Old 05-25-08, 11:36 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Make sure the rocker arm mounting bolt is not loose. If it is, tighten it, then let it sit for a while so the lifter can bleed down, then start it and see how it does.

Old 05-26-08, 08:16 AM
kohler ch18s

well cheese no improvements now what do I need to look for?

Thanks,
Mason

Old 05-26-08, 08:20 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Pull the valve cover and have a look. Take the plug wire off and turn the engine. Are the valves opening and closing?

Search this Thread