Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

power washer problems

CANADA

05-26-08, 12:07 PM   #1  
power washer problems

I have BE-Power Washer with a :

Honda 5hp motor (GC160)

Comet Pump ART# AXD-6501001400
MATR# 29290966

The power washer does not have any pressure. I power washed my fence and then went down to my brothers to do his house and I couldn't get no pressure from it.

It was working before I brought it down there, so I thought not enough water pressure. So I brought it back down to my house and it still won't work.

The pump does not seem to kick in at all. I've read on here that it might be the unloader, so I took it apart and it the little piston seems a little sticky, o-rings seemed okay.

How do you change the unloader? Is the unloader all one piece because it sure looks like it is?

Any ideas what to look for?

Sponsored Links
Forum Topic Moderator

GA

05-26-08, 07:54 PM   #2  
Usually you can clean the unloader and lube it to get it functioning properly again. Also clean the bore where the unloader fits.

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

CANADA

05-27-08, 04:32 AM   #3  
What & how would you use to clean & lube it. I have never done this before, its all virgin territory.

I was thinking of using sandpaper and regular engine oil 30w, would that be okay?

I have looked at the expanded view of the Comet Pump and 18-28 is what your referring to, right? I have attached a copy below.

http://www.bepressure.com/pumps/axd-brkdwn.pdf

By what I've described does it sound like the unloader to you?

Forum Topic Moderator

GA

05-28-08, 12:30 AM   #4  
It sounds like the unloader could be to blame. The parts you listed are regulator parts. By looking at the diagram, I think the unloader parts are shown in the group identified by #60?

I use a brush for gun barrels or bottle brush. I have several sizes, from shotgun barrel brushes down. This will clean the bore area well. Then clean the piston and o-ring, or replace the o-ring, and I have good results with petroleum jelly for lubricating parts in a water pump.

God bless!

CANADA

06-09-08, 08:30 AM   #5  
Well I have it fixed. I brought it in to shop and he said it didn't need any parts.

He said he disassembled the pump and cleaned up the valves and its working like new.

Thanks again Cheese for your help, I appreciate it

ps: Cheese, for future reference, the parts I listed was the unloader valve. Thats what the mechanic said.

Forum Topic Moderator

GA

06-09-08, 09:41 PM   #6  
GLad you got it! Thanks for the update.

God bless!

Search this Thread