tecumseh tiller engine

Old 05-30-08, 07:01 AM
Smile tecumseh tiller engine

i have a mtd 6hp tiller that works really good but the carb needs some parts. It is about 10 yrs old and has never had anything replaced on the carb except for aircleaner, and of course i;ve tried to keep it clean and do the maintenance. But this season it did not want to start so after removing the fuel bowl the gasket tore into and lots of gum and varnish like material. Also in the hole where the little bolt goes that has fiber washer on it that holds the bowl on i noticed some crusty like material down in there. after digging around in there with a small screw driver this little red pointed thing about the size of a coffee stering stick and about an inch long came out.Well what ever purpose it served it probably ain't no more good as i damaged the big end with the screw driver.I got a little repair kit from the hardware store but really all it had was the large gasket for the bowl and the washer fot bolt. He said he can get the little red pc but has to wait til he has at least a 200.00 dollar order and the summer might be over by then.So i'm hoping someone here can help me out with this on how and where to order parts......This is a tecumseh 6 hp engine..model # ishh60 71104c....and the engine family is:ttp195u1g1ra..thanks for your help,oren

Sponsored Links
Old 05-30-08, 10:38 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
It's the fuel nozzle. You'll also need the o-rings that go on it. With all that going on, you'll almost certainly need a new seat, needle, possibly the float...

Counting the expense of all that, plus your time, and the fact that it still might not work right when you're done, I'd reccomend just buying a new carburetor, bolt it on, and forget about it. There are many small engine parts stores on the net that can give you the right carb based on your model and spec numbers.