Yamaha golf cart G14 A lurches 2 or 3 times

Old 06-02-08, 06:36 AM
D
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Yamaha golf cart G14 A lurches 2 or 3 times

before moving smoothly. I just had someone replace the valve cover gasket and he had to remove the clutch now I don't have any leaking oil but a herky jerky start when I press on the gas pedal. Any suggestions? Thank you.

Old 06-02-08, 07:17 PM
He didn't have to pull the clutch to replace the valve cover gasket.. Are you talking about the crankcase cover gasket?? If so, Find out if he has the proper clutch puller.. If not ask if he used a hammer to remove the clutch. If so, You'll need at least a new clutch & belt.. (Hope the crankshaft is O.K.)) Roger

Old 06-03-08, 03:21 AM
D
No he used a metric puller.

I am told that the G14A has a washer on the clutch shaft that sometimes lodges under the spider in a cockeyed position and this may cause the lurching. I will know better later on today. Thank you.

Old 06-05-08, 04:39 PM
He should have used a puller bolt. It screws into the threads of the spider & bottoms in the hole of the crank. There is a washer, but I have never had an issue with them becoming dislodged yet. I have seen lots with worn, dry, sticking bushings.. Maybe all you need is a clutch service & look close @ the ramps 7 rollers. Good luck,, Roger

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: