Westwood T1200 Lawnmower Battery Leads/Wiring

Old 06-09-08, 03:09 AM
Westwood T1200 Lawnmower Battery Leads/Wiring

Hi I need to know how to wire (not sure what its called) possibly Solanoid its where both the leads from the battery go, also the starter moter, ignition, and ignition lights there are 4 terminals altogether it looks like 2 primary (where the live battery lead goes) and I think the negative battery lead. then there are 2 terminals that look like secondary terminals. altogeter there is 7 wires
1: live battery lead (i know where this one goes)
2: Negative battery lead (assume this goes on the other primary (big)terminal
3: Peach coloured wire with inline fuse to ignition
4: pair of black wires (classing as 1 wire) to ignition
5: A fairly thick red wire to starter motor
6: A fairly thick black wire to engine block (ground)
7: A green cable which looks like it goes to lights on the dash board (lights need to be on in order for it to start normally).
Any help greatly recieved i know its my own stupid fault for not making a note of connections but hindsite is a wonderful thing.
Thanks alot

Sponsored Links
Old 06-11-08, 02:52 AM
Originally Posted by seventy View Post
Hi I need to know how to wire (not sure what its called) possibly Solanoid its where both the leads from the battery go, also the starter moter, ignition, and ignition lights there are 4 terminals altogether it looks like 2 primary (where the live battery lead goes) and I think the negative battery lead. then there are 2 terminals that look like secondary terminals. altogeter there is 7 wires
1: live battery lead (i know where this one goes)
2: Negative battery lead (assume this goes on the other primary (big)terminal
3: Peach coloured wire with inline fuse to ignition
4: pair of black wires (classing as 1 wire) to ignition
5: A fairly thick red wire to starter motor
6: A fairly thick black wire to engine block (ground)
7: A green cable which looks like it goes to lights on the dash board (lights need to be on in order for it to start normally).
Any help greatly recieved i know its my own stupid fault for not making a note of connections but hindsite is a wonderful thing.
Thanks alot
Anybody? Desperate, my Lawns Getting Way Out Of Hand. Its the Starter Solanoid I need help rewiring i believe. I've managed to get to the point where the various safety switch's illuminate their repective lights on the dashboard. When I turn the ignition on like I say those lights light up but I have no ignition lights (the one that looks like a "Lightening Bolt") or battery light. Also the starter fails to turn over.
Should the negative battery lead connect to the same terminal on the solanoid as the other thick black wire that connects to the engine block? (ground wire? if thats what it is.) Also the thick red wire that goes to the starter, Should that be the only wire connected to the particular terminal on the solanoid. (ie no other wires joined to the starter wire.)
Thanks

Old 08-10-08, 06:46 PM
seventy,
Check out this link.. It might be what you're looking
http://www.m-and-d.com/helpfaq.html

Tom

Old 08-10-08, 11:46 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
The black cables bolt to the frame. The starter cable is by itself on the solenoid post. The red battery cable goes to the other solenoid post along with the smaller red wire with the fuse in it.