John Deere X300

Old 06-12-08, 10:44 AM
Thumbs up John Deere X300

I am the original owner of a 1983 John Deere 111. It was a fantastic mower with no real problems (other than the general wear and tear of a 25 y.o. mower). Building a new home with a larger lot, I decided it was time to upgrade and sell the Green Machine while it still had value. Sold it for $300 and bought an X300.

Wow! The X300 is simply amazing. I'm completely sold on the build quality of John Deeres. I'll never own anything other than a Deere (and hopefully won't have to if I get another 25 years out of this one). The 17-HP V-twin Kawasaki engine outperforms those higher horsepower engines. The turning radius is almost as good as those zero-turns (without tearing up your yard). I didn't spring for the all-steer X304 which would have been even better (rated #1 by Consumer Reports, the X300 was #3). The cruise control is also a welcome feature.

Kudos to John Deere on another fine product. My total purchase price was $2641 after discounts...worth every penny. Highly recommended for those with >1 acre.

Sponsored Links
Old 06-13-08, 12:25 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Sounds like a winner. I've heard good things, but haven't used one yet.