Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Weed Whacker Issue

OH

06-13-08, 07:09 AM   #1  
Weed Whacker Issue

So About two years ago my dad picked up a nice 31cc 2 Cycle weed whacker and it did us some great justice up until the end of summer last year. I yanked the rope starter and I heard something snap - wouldn't start anymore so I just tossed it in the shed for the winter.

I took it apart yesterday to find that there's a metal coil that connects the rope starter's pulley to an inner pulley that is connected to the engine. Well, a small piece of the coil broke completely off and now the inner pulley isn't connected to the rope start and I can't start it.

Is there a place I could order a new rope starter assembly for this weed whacker? It's a Bolen BL100 by MTD if that helps. Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Super Moderator

AZ

06-13-08, 07:26 AM   #2  
http://www.buymtdonline.com/webapp/w...10101_19502_-1

This would help you figure out the exact part number you need, but I'd recommend due to shipping costs, just go to a good yard equipment repair shop with your complete model number. Maybe even take the cover or unit with you.

Online, the part may cost $10, but you'll pay that much add'l for shipping.

By the way..thats called a recoil spring.

Vic
"I sometimes wonder how some people ever made it to adulthood..."

Search this Thread