Sears Craftsman Lawn Tractor Problem (steering)

Old 06-14-08, 11:34 AM
Sears Craftsman Lawn Tractor Problem (steering)

I have an older model Sears Craftsman Lawn tractor and just ordered a steering shaft from them and got it installed today, however, the steering when turned, won't turn to its full diameter. Not sure that I have installed it correctly and went looking in Sears Parts site to find an exploded view. When I entered the model number, no listing for that model was available. The model # is C950-60354-3. Any ideas where I can find an exploded view to check my installation?

Sponsored Links
Old 06-14-08, 10:33 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
That doesn't sound like any craftsman # I'm familiar with. Is that the number on the label under the seat?

Old 06-15-08, 05:17 AM
Yes it is a Craftsman I/C Gold Commercial with a 14 HP Craftsman engine and also has rear wheel steer . I ordered the steering shaft from Sears.The Sears Craftsman tag is under the seat. They asked me the model # C950-60354-3, Serial # 300532 -3141, Part # 327395MA. When I look at the Sears Parts site and enter the part#, it is still available.( But no image).However the machine was purchased new in Canada. I bought it used. When I recieved the part through Sears it had come from Briggs and Straton. As with many items from Sears I assume it could be an MTD, Roper, Yard Works, or other machine with the Sears name on it. However Sears services any type of machine they sell. Supposedly!

Old 06-16-08, 09:31 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
If the part came labeled as a briggs part, then I'd say it was probably originally made by Dynamark. They made a 4wheel steer mower, and murray acquired the company, then went out of business and briggs acquired what was left of them.

Old 06-17-08, 05:26 AM
Originally Posted by cheese View Post
If the part came labeled as a briggs part, then I'd say it was probably originally made by Dynamark. They made a 4wheel steer mower, and murray acquired the company, then went out of business and briggs acquired what was left of them.
You are correct with Dynamark being bought out by Murray and then Murray being taken over by B/S. I have looked and searched Dynamark and Murray sites for part# and Model #'s. While the part # comes up as a Murray "and" a valid B/S #, I still cann't seem to track down the model #. I have asked Sears again for an exploded view of the part and location, but so far no response from them. Will let you know what I find out, if, and when they contact me. Meanwhile, I'm still tethered to my computer searching the many sites for the info I require. Thank you for your patience and useful info you have provided, to help me in my search.

Last edited by SSJ131; 06-17-08 at 05:28 AM. Reason: spelling error
Old 06-17-08, 07:23 AM
Just recieved an email from Sears Canada with an exploded view of the lawn tractor. Should be no problem checking my installation now, however, for some reason they still don't tell me what brand this tractor is. Only says it is a Sears Branded Product. Must be some kind of corporate secret. After checking my installation, it looks like I have it installed correctly, but must be just a minor adustment to the steering linkage to correct my problem. Thanks again for your help in my researching this mower.

Old 06-18-08, 12:47 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Anytime.

Not sure I helped any, but maybe next time I can offer more assistance. Glad you got it figured out!