Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

snapper rider difficult to get moving

FL

06-14-08, 02:56 PM   #1  
snapper rider difficult to get moving

I have an older snapper rer 10hp tec. eng handle bar steering has been difficult to get mower to move i have to pull up on the clutch pedal and it will finally get going sometimes ok sometimes jumps ahead in little jolts I just replaced the driven wheel and clutch pedal spring and only made slight improvement. with mower standing on end seems to be very little tension if any on driven wheel/assembly to keep it on the drive wheel wondering if there is anything other than the spring I replaced to keep the driven assembly up to the drive wheel? boots on axles are torn and old but inside looks fairly clean and lubricated. if I turn the driven wheel by hand the wheels seem to move ok. any help would be great thankyou. spddyna

Sponsored Links
Forum Topic Moderator

GA

06-14-08, 10:08 PM   #2  
Move the engine drive wheel down some. It's locked in place with 2 allen head set screws. It wouldn't hurt to put new boots on it and fill with new grease before it tears up the transaxle.

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

FL

06-15-08, 06:27 AM   #3  
thankyou

thankyou sounds simple enough will try this morning

Search this Thread