Honda lawn mower leaking gas

Old 04-20-09, 02:34 PM
A
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Honda lawn mower leaking gas

I tried taking the carburator off my twenty year old Honda HR214 lawn mower to clean it. I got two bolts off but couldn't get the third loose, so I retightened the two that hold the intake to the carburator. Now I have gas leaking (running, not dripping) from the Carburator. Everything seems tight but it is leaking from the bottom of the plastic air intake housing where it meets the gasket to the Carburator. There seems to be a hole there and the gas just runs out. It looks to me like this hole is suppose to be there but it never keaked gas before. It leaks even with the engine not running if I turn the gas lever to the on position. How to I correct this?

Old 04-20-09, 04:09 PM
M
I had the same problem several years ago. It was cheaper to buy a new carb. ($50) than to buy the carb. kit. I don't think you could buy the gasket alone. But I may be wrong. You may want to check Plano power equip. out of texas.

Old 04-20-09, 09:26 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 142 Upvotes on 131 Posts
Drop the bowl on the carb and see what the condition is. Sounds like the float and/or needle is stuck, or trash got in the needle/seat area.

Old 06-24-09, 07:19 AM
G
Honda carb kit.

Where can I find which carb I have so I can buy a kit? HR194SX...

Old 06-24-09, 07:28 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: