Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

16hp simplicity

WI

06-16-08, 10:52 AM   #1  
16hp simplicity

I have a 16hp simplicity broadmoor series tractor.When it was in full trottle it would move very slowly. Sometimes I couldn't get it back into neutral it would just stay stuck in forward. Now it won't move at all! put a new belt on and no change. also checked the lever in back for pushing. any ideals

Sponsored Links
Forum Topic Moderator

GA

06-16-08, 08:04 PM   #2  
Take a look under the mower while someone is on it trying to move. Does the transmission input pulley turn?

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

WI

06-18-08, 07:59 PM   #3  
Posted By: cheese Take a look under the mower while someone is on it trying to move. Does the transmission input pulley turn?
Hi Cheese I"m guessing when you say input pulley.Is it the one with the fan blade.If so it is turning when the tractor is in gear. All other pulleys are also turning. Thanks Ken

Forum Topic Moderator

GA

06-18-08, 10:42 PM   #4  
That's the right pulley. Ok, since it's turning we know the belt is doing its' job. Follow the shifter to the tranny, and watch the movement of the linkage from the shifter all the way to the point where it enters the tranny. Is everything moving, and is the movement at the tranny equal to the movement at the shifter?

Just a thought, but have you had one of the rear wheels off recently before this happened?

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

Search this Thread