16hp simplicity

Old 06-16-08, 10:52 AM
16hp simplicity

I have a 16hp simplicity broadmoor series tractor.When it was in full trottle it would move very slowly. Sometimes I couldn't get it back into neutral it would just stay stuck in forward. Now it won't move at all! put a new belt on and no change. also checked the lever in back for pushing. any ideals

Sponsored Links
Old 06-16-08, 08:04 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Take a look under the mower while someone is on it trying to move. Does the transmission input pulley turn?

Old 06-18-08, 07:59 PM
Originally Posted by cheese View Post
Take a look under the mower while someone is on it trying to move. Does the transmission input pulley turn?
Hi Cheese I"m guessing when you say input pulley.Is it the one with the fan blade.If so it is turning when the tractor is in gear. All other pulleys are also turning. Thanks Ken

Old 06-18-08, 10:42 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
That's the right pulley. Ok, since it's turning we know the belt is doing its' job. Follow the shifter to the tranny, and watch the movement of the linkage from the shifter all the way to the point where it enters the tranny. Is everything moving, and is the movement at the tranny equal to the movement at the shifter?

Just a thought, but have you had one of the rear wheels off recently before this happened?