Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Generator conversion, GAS to Propane

06-16-08, 06:01 PM   #1  
Generator conversion, GAS to Propane

Hello all. I am looking at converting my current portable generator from Gas to propane since natural gas lines do not run in my neighborhood. I am trying to find on average approximately how many gallons of propane are equivalent to 5 gallons of gasoline? I have read that a small BBQUE propane tank is equivalent to to 5 gallons of gas, about 1-1 ratio since these tanks even though are 20 lbs, hold 5 gallons of propane. Can anyone confirm or provide feedback to this question? I am planning on converting and having 100 lbs tanks at home for this. Any info appreciated. Thanks

Sponsored Links

06-18-08, 10:21 AM   #2  
So I got my answer on the gallon question. Now anyone have experience with this type of conversion? Is it recommended? Any vender in particular? Thanks

Forum Topic Moderator

GA

06-18-08, 11:12 PM   #3  
Sorry hgilljr01, I haven't any experience doing the conversion or with the amounts. Can't help much. Stay tuned though. There are a lot of knowledgeable folks who pass through here and answer a question now and then.

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

Search this Thread