Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Stihl Pole Hedge Trimmer

MN

06-17-08, 05:37 PM   #1  
Stihl Pole Hedge Trimmer

Model is HL 100K. I am looking to change out the carburator diaphram and the dealer will only sell the complete rebuilt kit. The number on the carb is:

S88
416A

Does anyone know who made this carb and what the part number is for the diaphram. Thanks in advance for the help.

Sponsored Links

AL

06-18-08, 12:39 AM   #2  
Posted By: sod Model is HL 100K. I am looking to change out the carburator diaphram and the dealer will only sell the complete rebuilt kit. The number on the carb is:

S88
416A

Does anyone know who made this carb and what the part number is for the diaphram. Thanks in advance for the help.
The complete rebuilt kit isn't a bad idea.exspecially when most of the time you do run into other worn or damanged parts,such a pitted mettering lever,or other streched diaphragms & bad gaskets.The repair kit only costs around $6-$14.00 and Ya can repair it right the 1st time.Save $$$ in the long run.
Judging by the # stamped on the carb tho sounds like you've got a zama brand carb.
I've only got a walbro book.maybe somebody else will be able to tell you more.

KY

06-18-08, 10:00 AM   #3  
You have a zama c1q-s88 carb
stihl part #s for the diaphrams are 4229 121 4700
and 4180 121 4800

The whole kit from Stihl is very high, but any mower shop can easily get the kit from zama for you.
ordering the individual diaphrams would be difficult, as no distributors stock the individual parts
the zama diaphram kit is gnd-55
the complete kit is rb-114

Fish

Search this Thread