Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Help Choosing A Pressure Washer?

06-18-08, 09:29 AM   #1  
Help Choosing A Pressure Washer?

I have two pressure washers that I purchased during recent sales, need to take one back obviously so was hoping for some expert opinion.

These are just electric powered for light jobs around the house, I do not need/want gas powered.

One is a Karcher 1750 PSI with a detergent container I bought for $150 at Costco. The benefits here are the Costco return policy (unlimited, even years away from now) and the Karcher brand.

Karcher model:

http://www.karcherresidential.com/en...aram2=&param3=

The other is a generic brand from Target, 1800 PSI for $100. I don't think it has a detergent reservoir (box says in line detergent system, whatever that means), it was recently on sale for Father's Day week -- Normally costs a lot more. I think it may be manufactured by Black & Decker but I can't say for sure. No brand on the box. Positives here are higher PSI than Costco, lower price. Negatives are brand and return policy (not as good as Costco).

Box says website is here, looks like the PW1750 but model is PW1800-U.

http://power-washer.us/

Which would you keep???

Thanks!

B.

Sponsored Links
Forum Topic Moderator

GA

06-18-08, 11:24 PM   #2  
I don't know much about electric pressure washers. I think I'd lean towards the first one, since it probably will be less hassle to return. I haven't heard much about electric pressure washers, but my brother uses one that I think is similar to the first one, and he has had it for a few years now.

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

06-19-08, 04:14 AM   #3  
Hey, sounds good. Thanks for your advice.

MA

06-19-08, 05:30 AM   #4  
I have a Karcher model 1600 something,for 4 years now. No problems.
Works as advertized. Also from Costco.

WI

06-19-08, 07:21 AM   #5  
Working on these units daily, I would recommend the Karcher brand. They seem to make a better unit and you can get parts easier if you need them.

06-19-08, 08:54 AM   #6  
Sounds like it's worth the extra $50 to keep the Karcher then. Much thanks guys!

Search this Thread