Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

10a902,surge,tried All I Know! Help

OK

06-23-08, 07:23 PM   #1  
10a902,surge,tried All I Know! Help

Okay my B&S mower, 10a902, is surging and blowing out white smoke. When it surges it shakes the mower, like it is back firing. I've replaced the Carb and dia, spark plug, blade,gov spring. I took the carb off before replacing it cleaned it with carb cleaner. I took the gas tank off, drained it. Then refilled it. I also ran some carb cleaner/engine tune up through the tank. I've done that a couple times. I've checked the crankshaft it isn't bent. The spark plug was the recommended spark plug for my mower from lowes. It sounds like it fires, then free wheels down until right before it does then it fires again. It has compression,spark,gas. I've also taken the block off and clean the piston. PLEASE HELP

Sponsored Links
Forum Topic Moderator

GA

06-23-08, 07:37 PM   #2  
Check the plastic intake tube that goes from the carb to the engine. Make sure it isn't loose or cracked. Also, does the new carb have the o-ring in place and the retainer ring in place behind it where it connects to the plastic intake tube?

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

OK

06-24-08, 11:01 AM   #3  
what plastic tube? the one that is connected by the rubber elbow? and yes the o-rings are all in place.

Forum Topic Moderator

GA

06-24-08, 11:45 PM   #4  
The tube where the o-ring I mentioned fits. The intake.

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

OK

06-28-08, 01:58 PM   #5  
not cracked, i'm all out of ideas

Non-US

06-28-08, 02:14 PM   #6  
Cheese is talking about the o ring inside the 3/4 inch hole toward the engine next to the throttle plate, not the crank breather elbow. You need to remove the carb again & look toward the throttle from the engine side to see it. I think you're looking at an elbow, correct??? Roger

OK

07-06-08, 12:25 AM   #7  
ya,no i wasn't thinking about the elbow. But the mower is at the shop, has been for 2 weeks. o well. I told them to let me know how much it would cost before they did anything.

Search this Thread