Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Troy Bilt Bronco Idler Pully Guide HELP w/threading belt

TN

06-25-08, 05:45 PM   #1  
Troy Bilt Bronco Idler Pully Guide HELP w/threading belt

I have a Troy Bilt 42" riding Bronco lawn tractor Model # 13AJ609G766, 77T series. I hit a bump, while mowing, and the deck lowered to the first setting, and the deck belt came off of one of the idler pulleys. I can't get the belt back onto the pulley in front of the belt guide. I can't get the pulley off, nor do I know if releasing the nut on the bottom of the pulley would get it to come off, or release the belt guide... The manual doesn't say anything about how to loosen this pulley guide. Can someone tell me how to get the belt back in front of the belt guide? Thanks! Rita

Sponsored Links

TN

06-26-08, 05:12 AM   #2  
The idler pulley should move enough to allow you to get the belt back on. You may have to get it partially on and rotate the pulley by hand to feed it onto the pulley.

Hope this helps.

TN

06-26-08, 12:31 PM   #3  
Still need help

Thanks for the response to my quote. I've tried to reroute the belt behind the pulley by maneouvering the pulley and working the belt in. It was all on the pulley with the exception of sitting atop the guide. I then used a large screwdriver to try to pry the guide out and force the belt back behind the guide into the pulley groove. There wasn't anywhere near enough play in the guide to get the belt back in. I guess I'm to the point of getting the guide off, but the manual doesn't give any insstruction on this. Thanks!
Rita

TN

06-26-08, 04:15 PM   #4  
I am a little puzzled, may be something I dont understand concerning MTD mowers. You mentioned model 13AJ609G766, 77T, I was looking at a model 609 manual and did not realize the 77T series is different. Maybe the link below will help; it is for a 77T series and is explicit.

Loosen the bolt from the idler pulley and the guide will move enough to get the belt on. Page 23 gives details that may help.

http://www.dixiesales.com/ipl/339/13an77tg766.pdf

Good luck

TN

06-27-08, 01:43 PM   #5  
The manual was slightly different than the one I had. Thank you Airman!

Search this Thread