Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

8HP Tecumseh HMSK80 Engine Will Not Idle

PA

06-28-08, 08:51 AM   #1  
8HP Tecumseh HMSK80 Engine Will Not Idle

I have a tecumseh 8hp hmsk80 that i have previously rebuilt i put new pistion rings in it and all new seals i have also replaced the breather element to and when the time came to put it all back together i started it up and it ran but died it ran grate before i took it apart but now it dont idle it will run grate at full throttle but when i put it back to idle it will run for about 2 seconds then it will just stall but the thing is it will idle fine with choke on all the way after a while of fittling with the ajusment scerws with almost not luck i desided to buy a carb rebuild kit and i cleaned everything and put all new parts in it and still does the samething what should i do???

Sponsored Links
Forum Topic Moderator

GA

06-28-08, 09:10 PM   #2  
Sounds like the carb needs a good cleaning. There is a restriction somewhere that needs to be cleared.

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

PA

06-29-08, 08:59 AM   #3  
well is there a preticular place i should clean and could you maybe give me some pointers on how to clean it thanks cheese

Search this Thread