Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

rider mower won't move

RI

06-28-08, 01:20 PM   #1  
rider mower won't move

my rider suddenly stopped moving a couple things I noticed is when the rider is off and I have it in gear I can't roll the it the transmission seems to be working. The belt seems to be loose not ever working on it before I'm not sure how loose it should be. Thanks in advance for any help..

-Chuck

Sponsored Links

Non-US

06-28-08, 02:05 PM   #2  
If you tell us what make, model of rider you have, It would help a lot. But for now, check the rear wheels. If they are suposed to have a key in the axle, verify it's there & hasn't fallen/worn out. The belt may be loose if you have the brake on (some models). Also verify the input pulley is infact driving the trans input shaft. (maybe a key sheared/missing??) Post make & model numbers & the pro's will help you soon!!! Roger

Forum Topic Moderator

GA

06-28-08, 08:45 PM   #3  
Not knowing what you have, I'd toss a guess out that your belt has come off a pulley.

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

RI

06-29-08, 03:57 AM   #4  
Model

the rider is a Craftsman Lawn Tractor 21.5 hp 42" Electric Start 6 speed transaxle model # 917.272454

Roger thanks for the help

Search this Thread