Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Briggs and Stratton service manual

FL

06-28-08, 04:59 PM   #1  
Briggs and Stratton service manual

I own a riding mower with a 17 HP briggs and stratton engine, model 31H777, type 0202E1, and code 030226ZE.

I tried to buy a repair/service manual from my local dealer and was told that the manual was being revised. THey sold me what was supposed to be an appropriate manual, but it was most certainly not the right manual. THey said it could be weeks or months before the new manual is available.

Any ideas on how I can get my hands on the "old" manual?

Sponsored Links
Forum Topic Moderator

GA

06-28-08, 08:26 PM   #2  
There are manuals at bookstores and auto parts stores that cover your engine. An OEM manual would be best, and you should be able to pick one up from a number of sites online.

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

Last edited by cheese; 06-29-08 at 01:57 PM.

FL

06-29-08, 09:20 AM   #3  
service manual

I have had no luck finding the old maual online. All sites I have visited pull up the substitute manual, especially the BRigss and stratton site. I even tried auction sites, but no luck as of yet.

The dealer called Briggs and they admited that the substituted manual was incorrect, so I still hjave trust in my dealer.

I will try local stores and libraries for non-OEM manuals.

Thanks for the advice.

KY

06-29-08, 10:21 AM   #4  
What do you need, specs?

We can post whatever info you need.

Fish

Search this Thread