crafstman / briggs and stratton carb help

Old 06-30-08, 08:58 AM
crafstman / briggs and stratton carb help

First time to the site and I need some help. I have a Crafstman rding mower with a briggs and stratton engine that I have just rebuilt. Unfortuanetly when I took the carb off the engine I did not note how all the springs and connections were made. Could some one please help with a pic from thier setup. I figured out the choke linkage but not the throttle. I know you folks will probbaly need more infor but I am at work right now and do not have it. It is a green tractor, 42" cut, with a briggs and stratton engine, ohv, with a hydro tranny. Thanks in advance for the help. Let me know what other info you need and I will get it asap.

Steve

Sponsored Links
Old 06-30-08, 09:23 AM
Hopefully the link below will help. See step 5 image D.

http://faqs.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/faq...i=&p_topview=1

Old 06-30-08, 10:28 AM
close

this is what mine looks like but I need to see the part that is about 6-8" to the right, behind the piece of paper. How it is connected to the other end. I also need to see how the linkage that is controlled from the engine base is attached. Thank you though.

Old 06-30-08, 12:02 PM
Post your engine model and type number and I should be able to answer your question.

Old 06-30-08, 05:31 PM
model: 28U707 Type: 1174-E1

Old 06-30-08, 08:04 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
It just hooks into the hole at the top of the governor arm on the side of the engine. The small spring connects there too.

Old 07-01-08, 05:33 AM
This really doesn't help. What is the governor arm? This is the linkage coming out of the engine base plate? How does this get adjusted? Pictures would really help if anyone could post them up.

Old 07-01-08, 10:43 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
It the lever/arm that's sticking up with a hole in the top. It's connected to a shaft that comes out of the engine block. Put the linkage up like you see it in the pic in the link and where the end of the linkage is is where the governor arm is. It should be very evident when you see it. Don't adjust it...it should never need adjustment.

Old 07-02-08, 04:20 AM
It does need adjustment because it was dissassembled when I rebuilt the motor. I am going to have to buy a manual, this should give me all the connections and adjustments, no? I was hoping to avoid it.