ryobi 700r

Old 06-30-08, 03:42 PM
wwc
ryobi 700r

I have had this trimmer for several years and have never been totally happy with it but I keep working with it to keep it going.

Problem is now the fuel line that attaches to the tank from the priming bulb came off and i don't see any type of nipple that it attaches to on the tank bottom.

i'm going to look again inside but i haven't found it yet.
how can i remove the tank to look better or take with me to a parts store.
I have the cover off and the engine is swung apart but the tank doesn't slide off and i don't see any screws holding it on the engine.
anyone know?

Sponsored Links
Old 06-30-08, 05:51 PM
Originally Posted by wwc View Post
I have had this trimmer for several years and have never been totally happy with it but I keep working with it to keep it going.

Problem is now the fuel line that attaches to the tank from the priming bulb came off and i don't see any type of nipple that it attaches to on the tank bottom.

i'm going to look again inside but i haven't found it yet.
how can i remove the tank to look better or take with me to a parts store.
I have the cover off and the engine is swung apart but the tank doesn't slide off and i don't see any screws holding it on the engine.
anyone know?
There is no nipple on the bottom of the fuel tank.Just two holes.The fuel line comes with it's own fuel filter on it which pushes through one of the holes with the line on it to keep it from leaking.And the other line is the return fuel line and only goes into the tank an inch or so.

You can buy fuel line at any small engine repair shop.

Old 06-30-08, 07:08 PM
wwc
the hose seems good just not attached to the fuel tank anymore, you mean it just pushes into the hole in the bottom of the tank without and fittings ? it doesn't look like the hole is big enough for the hose to fit through.

Old 06-30-08, 07:44 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Is there a fuel filter loose in the tank? Does it have a piece of fuel line attatched to it? It sounds to me like the fuel line broke at the tank and you need to replace it. The fuel line seals against the hole...it is larger than the hole in the tank, that's how it seals.

Old 07-01-08, 03:19 PM
wwc
Ok i got the hose up thropugh the other non filter opening, and i think the problem is that the hose may be a little too short and just pulled out because it still doesn't want to stay in tight and there is not much slack in it.

but now i created another problem, after its al back together now the string head is barely moving and doesn't seem affected by the throttle and the engine doesn't rev with the trigger, I must have somethign not hooked up right, any ideas?

Old 07-01-08, 03:43 PM
No,check to see if the throttle is even working when trigger is mashed.If not the throttle cable ib broken or slipped out of trigger.If not ether..................
If you had the fuel lines on the wrong nipples on the primmer bulb the trimmer wouldn't run long at all.The motor running but wont REV up sayes to me that the muffler or the exhaust ports are clogged up.While wearing ear plugs,take the muffler off and check 3 holes in cylinder behind it,Run a stick through them to clear corbon out.Blow debres out the spark plug hole.Then crank engine.If it REV's up now shut if off and put the muffler back on.Crank again.If evgine wont REV up now you need a new muffler or clean that one out.

Old 07-01-08, 04:11 PM
wwc
before the hose came off and leaked all over it worked fine so i'm thinking I must have somethign not hooked up right after i had the case off trying to remove the fuel tank.

With the air cleaner cover off the back of the engine i can pull the trigger and see the linkage move on the carb and work correctly but the engine doesn't rev up while i do this and the string head slowly moves around.

the engine runs fine now and does not die just I have no throttle control.

Old 07-01-08, 07:32 PM
wwc
update

Ok I think the shaft wasn't all the way in and caused the head to not spin for some reason, in the process i took apart the trigger housing to check if the cable was connected good to the trigger and everythign came apart on the floor, woo hooo !

got the spring back in correctly and bent the cable end up alittle more in the trigger to not slip out easily and got it all back together and it seems to be running good now with the head spinning fast as always.
not sure exactly what happened but it's fixed.

thanks for all the help.