old chainsaw question

Old 03-29-07, 06:03 AM
M
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
old chainsaw question

Does anyone have any info/specs on this chainsaw?

McCulloch Titan 57 Model 60015102
cc? approximate age? is this considered a bigger saw?

I may be able to get one for free without the blade or chain that runs. But I did some internet searching and I can't find parts or info, not even from the McCulloch website. Maybe i'm not looking in the right spot.

Old 03-29-07, 02:39 PM
I once has a mculloch and it was *not a very reliable piece of equipment*, get a stihl or an echo you'll thank yourself later.

Last edited by GregH; 01-27-08 at 09:34 AM. Reason: More acceptable terminology.
Old 03-29-07, 06:17 PM
Received 2 Upvotes on 2 Posts
I have a Titan 57 and I love this saw. Yes, it is difficult to find parts. But you need to know where to look. Bear with me and I'll get back to you with a source for parts for these. I have a dealers name and number at my shop and I'll get it to you within a day or two. The common parts (carb rebuild kit, bar, chain, spark plug, air filter, fuel line, fuel filter, etc.) are all easy to come by, it's the "specialty" parts you'll need my source for. He'll ship UPS and USPS daily so you needn't worry about living nearby. He's in upstate New York. When I post back, I'll give you some engine specs as well as age range.

Old 03-30-07, 12:40 PM
Received 2 Upvotes on 2 Posts
Produced from 1988 to 1995, 57.3cc (3.5ci), 12.6 pounds (dry, no bar & chain), adjustable oiler. This size engine is middle of the road, most are smaller with a few larger. For the bar and chain, you'll need to determine if you have a clutch that is 3/8" or .325 pitch and match the bar and chain to it. I'll PM you with the parts source info.

Old 07-24-08, 07:01 AM
K
I also have been given a Titian 57 chainsaw and have a need to possess an operator’s manual. I need to replace all of the fuel and oil lines but do not know how to go about it without a manual. Does anyone know how I can get a schematic of the fuel and oil lines?

Old 07-30-13, 07:24 PM
B
Billy

I bought a titan 57 new in the mid 80's. I have worn out two bars and 3 chains. I have had to replace an ignition coil and had the carb rebuilt once. It needs a new sprocket ( on order). Also had to replace all the plastic tubing used for oil and gas. It is the fastest saw that I own. I also have a sthl MS360 but its slower than the titan. Most parts needed are available online. This saw came equipped with more than one sprocket. Mine has a seven tooth sprocket, some came with a six tooth. When new the saw would not start when hot. The carb rebuild solved that problem. The new fuels with alcohol do not work well in this saw. A readily available additive will solve this problem. It also works better with an octane in the 90s.

Old 07-30-13, 07:29 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 142 Upvotes on 131 Posts
Welcome to doityourself Billy. Not sure if you saw the date on this, but the last activity on this topic was 5 years ago.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: