Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

craftman rider won't start

NC

07-05-08, 11:03 AM   #1  
craftman rider won't start

hello, I have a sears craftman riding mower model # 917.258661. Would not start so I connected a battery jump stater to the battery, Unfortunately I hooked it up backwards. Tried to crank mower and nothing. Bought a new battery , installed and still nothing. Theres no clicking of solonoid or anything. Found one 15 amp fuse but it is not blown. Any help!

Sponsored Links

FL

07-05-08, 11:38 AM   #2  
I am having simular problem with a Murray 30545X92A!

Posted By: BUBBABLING hello, I have a sears craftman riding mower model # 917.258661. Would not start so I connected a battery jump stater to the battery, Unfortunately I hooked it up backwards. Tried to crank mower and nothing. Bought a new battery , installed and still nothing. Theres no clicking of solonoid or anything. Found one 15 amp fuse but it is not blown. Any help!
I am having simular problem with a Murray 30545X92A! Last weekend I was mowing the lawn everything going perfect then I got into deeper grass and the mower died. I disengaged the mower blade, put it in nutural and tried to start it. NOTHING!!!! No lights, no click sound nothing. I pushed it back into the garage located a fuse which was fine the casing cracked but not broken replaced it anyway but still nothing. Any suggestions where I should start. Headlights don't even come on
Thank you in advance for your assistance.

Non-US

07-05-08, 05:12 PM   #3  
Can either of you check the condition of the batteries?? Babbabling, You said it was a new battery, But can you both take the batteries somewhere to be charged & load tested?? A lot of these small batteries sit for ever & they may be dead when you buy them new!! Try it,, Roger

Forum Topic Moderator

GA

07-05-08, 08:23 PM   #4  
Do you have a test light or volt meter? Begin tracing power from the battery and continue though the circuit until you find the point where voltage is lost. Check at battery, then fuse (both legs), then the switch, then the solenoid trigger wire.

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

Search this Thread