Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Fuel carb Problems

AZ

07-10-08, 01:40 PM   #1  
Fuel carb Problems

I have a B&S engine on my mower. Family:3BSXS.1581VG 275738. I guess it was running fine all last season and got stored with old fuel. I cleaned the fuel tank, now it will only run for a few seconds after the prime button was pressed a few times. I have taken apart the carb, cleaned, and put back together. Is this generally caused by bad air/ fuel mix or is it just not getting fuel after the choke opens, or can it be either. What should be the next step? Carb kit is what im thinking is my next option, does that seem like the right way to go? Any suggestions would help...Thanks

Sponsored Links
Forum Topic Moderator

GA

07-10-08, 09:22 PM   #2  
Find the carb model, type, and code numbers...usually stamped on the engine shroud or the valve cover.

From your description, I'd say the carb still needs cleaning. How did you clean it?

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

NJ

07-14-08, 05:17 AM   #3  
where have u been

Hey TGW. email me.
E.Stasi

MA

07-14-08, 10:57 AM   #4  
tgwilliams

Hey there
I would still say carb 2 things I have found the small ports inside the carb are still muched up diefram gasket ok 3 things if its old and has a brass flout it may have a pin hole and is not flouting correctly

Hope that helps

Search this Thread