Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Poulan Chainsaw locking up

NC

07-12-08, 08:31 PM   #1  
Poulan Chainsaw locking up

Hey, I recently bought a Poulan Chainsaw, 2375le, and love it...except i seem to have a problem.

I was cutting some trees down in my backyard, when I had to stop it to move some limbs out of the way. When I went back to start it up, it wouldn't start, i tried choking it (although it had been running for a while before) and primed it...still wouldn't go. I thought I heard an odd sound coming from the shaft when I was pulling the rope, but i kept pulling anyways. After about 6 pulls, it locked up and the rope coiled around itself.

I took it apart, got the rope back to how it was supposed to be, and looked at the flywheel thingy (don't know what it's called, the part that the rope assembly makes turn...) and it was locked up when turning it counter-clockwise. I can't seem to take it off or anything...i'm stuck.

I've been using the right mixture of gas-oil, filling it up with bar oil when i put gas in it...everything. i don't quite know what to do at this point. any help?

Sponsored Links
Forum Topic Moderator

GA

07-12-08, 09:58 PM   #2  
Sounds like warranty...take it back. A locked up 2-stroke is never the same if you do get it unstuck. Don't chance it, just take it back.

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

NC

07-13-08, 12:36 PM   #3  
yea, thats the thing...i bought it on ebay...i wonder if thats why it was cheaper than buying it in stores.

is there anything i can do to fix it? or should i let someone who knows what they're doing fix it?

Forum Topic Moderator

GA

07-13-08, 03:53 PM   #4  
Did you buy it new? It should have a manufacturer's warranty from poulan, and at least you should be able to get it repaired under warranty. I wonder if you didn't get a factory reconditioned unit or something like that.

I doubt there's much you can do without ruining any chance of getting it fixed under warranty. Maybe pull the plug out and see if it will crank over.

God bless!

NC

07-14-08, 08:54 PM   #5  
i doubt it still has a warranty, seeing as how i bought it from ebay..

so what is it again that i could do? i really don't care about voiding a warranty, what causes it to lock up all of a sudden?

edit: it seemed new when i bought it, looked like it had hardly been used. the lettering on the bar was messed up a little, thats about it.

Forum Topic Moderator

GA

07-14-08, 11:56 PM   #6  
Take the plug out and see if it cranks over.

God bless!

Search this Thread