Model # Help

Old 07-17-08, 08:07 AM
Model # Help

I recently bought an older Craftsman lawn tractor. I am having some steering issues and I would like to see what I can do to replace the bushings and such. The problem is there is no sticker with a model # on it. Is there anyway I can find out what it is? The guy I got it from was the second owner and is no help. It is a 14hp, 5sp, 38 inch deck. Although the deck is now 42 inch. I am not sure of the year either.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 07-17-08, 08:27 AM
I think it's under the seat. Have a good one. Geo

Old 07-17-08, 10:18 AM
I looked there, nothing. Actually it has a John Deer seat.

Old 07-18-08, 04:49 AM
Look on the engine and find the model, type and code numbers. Post these and we will go from there.

Old 07-18-08, 04:59 AM
Thanks I will do that when I get home. I do know that it is a B&S 14hp twin cylinder. If it also helps since this is an older mower, it is the craftsman silver and is all metal, no plastic. That might narrow down the year anyway. Also not sure if the engine is the original. The guy I got it from said he thought it had been replaced. I will let you know what #'s I find.

Old 07-18-08, 05:31 AM
I come up blank with a Searsís model number. I imagine this mower was built for Sears by American Yard Products (AYP) now Husqvarna. What is specifically is your steering problem? PM me with an email address and I will send you something to compare your mower steering to.