Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

46 GT mower deck

PA

07-18-08, 05:19 PM   #1  
46 GT mower deck

Hi,
I changed the blades on my mower deck and when I try to cut heavy grass I don't think all three blades are running.The belt still runs and there doesn't seem to be any extra load on pto .I don't know much about these type of decks or how they should work. I need some advice. Thanks Cass

Sponsored Links

GA

07-18-08, 09:05 PM   #2  
It sounds like the belt might be slipping.

Check the belt tension. There may be a diagram in the owner's manual to show how to do this. Press on the belt between any two pulleys. You shouldn't be able to deflect it more than about 1/2".

Did you have the belt off when you were changing the blades? Check to see if the belt is routed properly.

There should be some sort of idler pulley mounted on a spring-loaded arm. See if the arm has used up all its travel or is binding or frozen.

If those checks don't show something amiss, give us the brand and model number so we know exactly what tractor you've got.

TX

07-18-08, 09:49 PM   #3  
You may also want to double check that the blades were installed with the proper orientation, and that they are not on upside down, also make sure they are tightened properly and not spinning on the spindle shaft.

Search this Thread