Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

string breaks on elec. weed eater

NC

07-19-08, 11:26 AM   #1  
string breaks on elec. weed eater

When I start my electric weed eater, the string breaks off right where it exits the little hole at the spool. It looks like it's been burned, and is jagged. The hole is jagged and I wonder if filing the hole to smooth it will help. Has anyone else had this problem. It was working fine. Thank for any help. EL in NC

Sponsored Links

TX

07-19-08, 01:26 PM   #2  
Most trimmer heads have some sort of metal line saver where the string exits the cutter head. The line saver may have come out of your trimmer head and if so the line will continue to break.

If you have your owners manual, you may want to check and see if there is a parts break down that you can compare to your trimmer head to see if all the parts appear to be in place.

NC

07-19-08, 03:48 PM   #3  
weed eater string breaks immediately

I never thought about that. Thanks! I filed the opening and made it smoother, and it worked for quite a while. And then the string starting breaking off again. I am going to look for that book that I'm sure came with it. Thanks. EL in NC

Search this Thread