Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Ryobi 31cc Trimmer Plus won't prime

07-20-08, 11:12 AM   #1  
Ryobi 31cc Trimmer Plus won't prime

I have a Ryobi 31cc Trimmer Plus (725r) that won't prime. I have drained all the gas to see if when I pump the primer bulb I get air flow, which I do. I then refilled the gas tank, pumped the primer bulb, you can see the bubbles when pushing in on the bulb, but no gas is being sucked in. I put the cap on and primed it, still won't prime. When I remove the cap you can hear the air in the tank escape. Any help would be appreicated. Thanks.

Sponsored Links

MO

07-20-08, 01:01 PM   #2  
Sounds like the fuel lines are bad and need to be replaced. Have a good one. Geo

Forum Topic Moderator

KS

07-20-08, 03:35 PM   #3  
I have a Ryobi 31cc Trimmer Plus (725r) that won't prime. I have drained all the gas to see if when I pump the primer bulb I get air flow, which I do. I then refilled the gas tank, pumped the primer bulb, you can see the bubbles when pushing in on the bulb, but no gas is being sucked in. I put the cap on and primed it, still won't prime. When I remove the cap you can hear the air in the tank escape. Any help would be appreicated. Thanks.

Last edited by BFHFixit; 07-20-08 at 05:57 PM.

WI

07-20-08, 05:30 PM   #4  
check your fuel line for a crack, especially near and inside the fuel tank. Sounds like you are drawing air and not fuel. You will probably need to replace the fuel lines. LOL

Search this Thread