Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

replace clutch cable on Honda HRX217TDA

07-23-08, 07:33 AM   #1  
replace clutch cable on Honda HRX217TDA

the cable to engage the clutch on my Honda HRX217TDA broke so i'm trying to replace it. it looks like the cable goes directly into the transmission so i'm a little nervous to start unscrewing stuff and taking things apart. another post for a similar mower suggests breaking off the old end (which probably snaps into the tranny) with pliers but then i'm afraid i might not be able to attach the end of the new cable inside the transmission. i've removed a lot of the side and rear covering from the mower and the driving wheels but i can't really see anything useful.

Sponsored Links

07-23-08, 03:03 PM   #2  
a little progress...

i've made a little bit of progress but i still need a lot of help. the cable attaches just above the transmission and i was able to pull it out; but i can't see where exactly the end of the cable attaches to the mower and its too small to fit my fingers in and too sharp of an angle to peer in with a flashlight. if anybody could give me some tips i'd really appreciate it.

Forum Topic Moderator

GA

07-23-08, 09:48 PM   #3  
Sorry, I don't recall any details about that mower. Check back often, as someone is likely to post here with details.

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

Search this Thread