Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

John Deere Riding Lawn Mower Loosing Power

07-23-08, 05:02 PM   #1  
John Deere Riding Lawn Mower Loosing Power

I have a john deere riding lawn mower that Im having problems getting to actually move. The engine seems to run fine, blades turn, etc, but whenever I try to accelerate, I cant get any speed and can barely make it up any hills. I have the free wheeling lever pushed in, so that isnt the problem. Also, from what I can tell, the drive belt looks like its in good shape and isnt loose. Any ideas on what the problem could be?

Sponsored Links
Forum Topic Moderator

GA

07-23-08, 09:43 PM   #2  
Low fluid level in the tranny possibly. What model?

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

07-24-08, 05:17 AM   #3  
Its an L110. Transmission fluid was the first thing I thought of but the manual says that its a sealed component and no maintenance is required

Forum Topic Moderator

GA

07-25-08, 12:10 AM   #4  
Correct, it is sealed. Some of the higher end deeres are not sealed, so I asked, not knowing your model.

Sounds like internal failure if the belt is tight and in good shape, the pulleys are in good shape, and the freewheel lever is in the correct position.

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

07-25-08, 08:18 AM   #5  
mine did this and while the belt was ok one of the pulleys was frozen and actually melted.

Search this Thread