Engine wont work

Old 07-25-08, 03:31 PM
Engine wont work

I did an oil change and i think I might of over filled my engine
Do you now what happen?

Model Toro model 20013 Engine Tecumsheh LEV 80- 120

When ever i start it smoke comes out and the engine doesn't stay on? I used the right oil. And iwas wondering if you know where i can by replacement engine parts such as spark plugs.
I live in GTA in toronto, ON, Canada

Sponsored Links
Old 07-25-08, 07:12 PM
smoke out of the engine may not be the reason for bad engin eoil - it is that the en gine is outof date or some thing and whn its for the engine oil - it just runs in the engine like blood - it does not deal with combustion.

Old 07-25-08, 11:24 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
If the engine is overfull with oil, it will blow smoke. Drain it to the proper level and let it run long enough to clear the cylinder and exghaust. It should quit smoking in a few minutes of run time. You should be able to pick up a plug from any auto parts store. Get the number off your plug, or take it with you to get the new one.

michell...I don't know what you're trying to say, but engines don't just go "outof date or some thing". Too much oil does deal with combustion.

Old 07-27-08, 12:13 PM
Well thank you
I tried that but it didn't work
What do you suggest?

Old 07-27-08, 10:44 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
What oil did you use? Does the oil in your engine smell like gas? If you drained the excess oil, and the oil is now at the proper level, there should be no more smoke than there ever was before you overfilled it. That's assuming all other things are as they should be, like proper oil, no gas in oil, etc...

Check the air filter. Maybe some oil got in it and is restricting air flow. This would mostly cause black smoke though, not the bluish smoke caused by too much oil.

Old 07-28-08, 02:44 PM
I am thinking of buying a new air filter but i cant find the right one at any shops. Do you know where to buy it?

Old 07-29-08, 12:03 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
If your local small engine shops don't have it then you should be able to find it online easily.