Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

HONDA riding mower HT-R3009 - Clutch Slipping

PA

07-26-08, 05:19 AM   #1  
HONDA riding mower HT-R3009 - Clutch Slipping

Owners manual shows 2 marks & says
" If the index mark moves past the service limit notch, the clutch disk may be worn out, consult your authorized dealer....."

Mine is just past the "service limit". Can this be adjusted back into service and if not, is this something an experienced 'DoITYourself-er" can handle?

Sponsored Links
Forum Topic Moderator

GA

07-26-08, 10:10 PM   #2  
I've never had to correct that problem on that mower, so I don't have much info for you. I wouldn't be afraid to open it up and see what's involved though. Problem is, some parts are not as easy to get for that mower anymore. I recall seeing and adjustment or two on those trannies...one for the brakes I know. Not sure if there was one for a clutch or not. If not, find out if a new disk is available or not, and then go for it.

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

TN

07-27-08, 06:32 AM   #3  
I have only worked on one of this type Honda clutches. It was several years past and I do not have good memories from the experience.

Send me a PM with your email address and I will send you a page from the service manual. The manual has a procedure for adjusting the clutch “adjusting screw”. This procedure is actually for resetting the clutch arm after replacing the “clutch friction disks“. Technically, you should inspect the clutch friction disks before accomplishing this procedure but that is your decision. I can tell you this, rebuilding one of these is a bear of a job and should be left to the experienced.

Good luck

Search this Thread