10hp tecumseh flywheel

Old 07-30-08, 03:57 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
10hp tecumseh flywheel

We finally got the bolt holding the flywheel off (oops broke one fin tho) but i cant get the flywheel off ive put wd40 on it and hit it and pryed but im not prying or hitting too hard since i dont know if its pressed on or something HELP
I dont have a flywheel puller or any other puller and not gonna buy one so i need to find a alternative way

Old 07-30-08, 05:32 PM
any advice at least please i really wanna get her goin and need to get this off i guess i could rent a puller......

Old 07-30-08, 07:18 PM
W
Well I recently took apart a B&S3.75 lawn mower and had trouble removing the flywheel to correct a partially sheared key. I also did a B&S 8hp recently too. The 8hp a was a breeze, it came right off after I got the bolt off. The flywheel on the 3.75hp wouldn't budge !

What worked for me was to heat the shaft with my propane torch making sure I didn't over do it. I gently pried a big screw driver under the fly wheel to create some upward tension (a second set of hands would be better) and gave the shaft a good tap with the hammer and a block of wood and it popped right off first try.

Good luck
Wayne.

Old 07-30-08, 07:44 PM
The flywheel knock-off tools are about $4.00 at you're local Napa store... They sure save a lot of crankshafts & at that price, why would'nt you have the right tool for the job & save a lot of grief??? Roger

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: