Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

McCulloch chain saw pull cord starter assembly

07-29-08, 03:34 PM   #1  
McCulloch chain saw pull cord starter assembly

McCulloch pull cord starter assembly has two springs for the Model#MS4018AV chainsaw. There are two clock type springs in the assembly. The larger spring is broken at the tip where it holds on to the wheel. It would cost $175.00 to have one made because of minimum order requirements. I need this spring in order to start saw, otherwise I would have to try super glue or some kind of adhesive. Does anyone know where I may find a spring for this saw? The manufacturers have no idea what model it is. MTD took McCulloch over and that could be the confusion.

Rich G

Sponsored Links

TX

07-29-08, 04:04 PM   #2  
I found 2 part list illustrations for MS4018AV chain saws at the MTD parts lookup site. They don't show any parts for the recoil starter, but the complete assembly is part # MC-9228-310815 and shows to sell for around $22.00

Go to this website and select McCulloch and see if the units they illustrate with your model number, look like what you have.

http://buymtdonline.arinet.com/scrip...15601_-1_19502

Search this Thread