Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

10hp tecumseh flywheel

AZ

07-30-08, 03:57 PM   #1  
10hp tecumseh flywheel

We finally got the bolt holding the flywheel off (oops broke one fin tho) but i cant get the flywheel off ive put wd40 on it and hit it and pryed but im not prying or hitting too hard since i dont know if its pressed on or something HELP
I dont have a flywheel puller or any other puller and not gonna buy one so i need to find a alternative way

Sponsored Links

AZ

07-30-08, 05:32 PM   #2  
any advice at least please i really wanna get her goin and need to get this off i guess i could rent a puller......

CANADA

07-30-08, 07:18 PM   #3  
Well I recently took apart a B&S3.75 lawn mower and had trouble removing the flywheel to correct a partially sheared key. I also did a B&S 8hp recently too. The 8hp a was a breeze, it came right off after I got the bolt off. The flywheel on the 3.75hp wouldn't budge !

What worked for me was to heat the shaft with my propane torch making sure I didn't over do it. I gently pried a big screw driver under the fly wheel to create some upward tension (a second set of hands would be better) and gave the shaft a good tap with the hammer and a block of wood and it popped right off first try.

Good luck
Wayne.

Non-US

07-30-08, 07:44 PM   #4  
The flywheel knock-off tools are about $4.00 at you're local Napa store... They sure save a lot of crankshafts & at that price, why would'nt you have the right tool for the job & save a lot of grief??? Roger

Search this Thread