kholer cv22s engine stops on unlevel ground

Old 08-02-08, 11:39 AM
kholer cv22s engine stops on unlevel ground

i have a kholer cv22s that is on a sears lawn tractor.it runs great but it stalls out when you are on unlevel ground.left or right grade no difference . i have replaced fuel pump,spark plugs,fuel,filter.drained gas and put full tank of fresh gas in.nothing i do seems to help.it acts like it is being starved for gas.service manual is no help.sears says bring it in they can't help.is there any one that has any ideas?

Sponsored Links
Old 08-02-08, 01:40 PM
Are you a fairly light weight person? (In my family, that would be anyone under 200 pounds) I'm thinking the possibility is you are shifting your weight in the seat and the safety switch in the seat is cutting the mower off. Does it also do this when the blades are turned off?

Old 08-02-08, 03:18 PM
yes it doesnot make any difference blades on or off.and yes i am bigggggggg 285 but my but stays set this tractor has a big deep wide seat but that was a good suggestion.let me say after it quits i have to push it to level ground and it has to sit a few minutes before it will start

Old 08-03-08, 12:06 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
When it dies, and/or when it re-starts, does it blow a decent puff of black smoke? I'm thinking maybe the fuel level in the carb is way too high and allowing the carb to flood at the slightest tilt.

Old 08-03-08, 05:55 PM
Yes It Does .when It Dies It Has To Sit For About 3 Minutes Before It Will Re Start.if I Can Get Off The Grade While It Is Spitt And Sputtering Beford It Dies It Will Settle Out And Run Ok On Level Ground

Old 08-04-08, 12:29 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
I think I'd open up the carb and have a look inside. Clean it well. Check the float well...it could be sticking or have a hole in it, or possibly could be bent or distorted enough to raise the fuel level in the bowl. Shake the float next to your ear. If you hear something sloshing in it, replace it. That doesn't happen often with the plastic floats, but it's possible.