Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Honda HT-r 3009 - Brake/clutch pedal will not disengage the drive clutch

08-03-08, 07:35 AM   #1  
Honda HT-r 3009 - Brake/clutch pedal will not disengage the drive clutch

I have just bought a used riding mover, Honda HT-R 3009. I got it cheap because there was no brakes on the machine.
I replaced the brake shoes and when the brakes was working I got this clutch problem .

The service limit notches on the clutch arm indicates that the clutch plate is worn out, but the mower runs normally forward and backwards i all five gears.

I have never worked with this type of clutches, will the mover go forward at all if the friction disks are worn out ?

Kjell from Norway

Sponsored Links

TN

08-03-08, 09:27 AM   #2  
I have fond memories of temporary duty in Bodo, Norway. Norway is a beautiful and clean country. I loved what you people do with seafood, wonderful.

Send me a private message with your email address and I will send you a page from the service manual to help your situation.

I have only worked on one of this type Honda clutches. It was several years past and I do not have good memories from the experience. Just last week, on this forum, another individual had a similar problem with a HT-R3009.

Send me a PM with your email address and I will send you a page from the service manual. The manual has a procedure for adjusting the clutch “adjusting screw”. This procedure is actually for resetting the clutch arm after replacing the “clutch friction disks“. Technically, you should inspect the clutch friction disks before accomplishing this procedure but that is your decision. If your clutch is working without slippage, resetting the clutch arm should not be a problem.

Search this Thread