How to Change LineCord on Brushwacker 32cc

Old 08-03-08, 10:25 AM
How to Change LineCord on Brushwacker 32cc

Please.. I need to change the Cord Line,(Starter Rope) (rewinder) on my Craftsman, brushwacker 32cc, Model 358.795200, I try to remove the parts but it is very difficult.. on other post here I see the need to remove a T20 Torx Bolt on a similar model, but my model don,t have these bolt. please, Can anyone tell me how to do it?..I don,t want to break anything. Your Help will be very appreciate.
thanks on advance and excuse my poor english
Ismael.. Boquete, Chiriqú, Panamà.

Last edited by ismael; 08-03-08 at 12:51 PM.
Sponsored Links
Old 08-04-08, 12:33 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Down in the hole where the flex cable fits is where the torx screw is located.

Old 08-04-08, 09:29 AM
Thanks a lot Cheese. Now I can see the bolt to hold, the rope.Please help me again... How can I do. to gain access to the (Kit-Pulley) part.. It,s inside the plastic enclosure and behaind the assy-cluth and Clutch Drum.. Can you tell me how to remove the clutch assembly? I try to do it but don,t see any bolt, Clip, Pin or anyway to do that.

Old 08-05-08, 12:53 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
If you've removed the torx screw and the clutch bell, then the clutch itself is where you're at. If so, it unscrews from the shaft. It should show which way to turn it to get it off. It should come off by turning it the same direction the engine turns when running. To keep the engine from turning when you turn the clutch, put the end of a pull rope in the spark plug hole to jam the piston.

Old 08-07-08, 05:04 PM
Thumbs up Thanks so much Mr. Cheese

Ok. Sr. you are a Genius. I could finally repair and change the rope... You have reason. Inside the clutch drum you have to remove a T20 torx bolt,and turn Counterclockwise the clutch.
After that, everything is very simple. For some reason, the picture( schematic) that come with the user manual, don,t show that bolt. Well friend, you saved my life becose my wife threatened me that if the machine was not working, would have to clean the Yard with my owns hands. No good for me. for your help i can see the beisbol games this week end... Thanks a lot...

Old 08-07-08, 05:48 PM
WOW--loks like women in Panama watch a lot of American
movies..................

Old 08-08-08, 12:10 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
I'm glad I could help you! Thanks for the update!