Toro 20005 recycler

Old 08-09-08, 08:05 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Toro 20005 recycler

I having been reading the fixes,and maintenance for the personal pace mowers,and thought I would ask about my variable speed.

I have a H.D. 3yr. old mower that runs fine. The only maintenance the manual states is to remove front wheels and clean and oil gears.

The drive belt popped off once this year. Does this sound like the belt should be replaced? Any other good maintenance items would be appreciated.
Thanks

Old 08-09-08, 08:20 AM
With out your model number to give you a good sound maintenance program like I do in the shop on any mower would be hard. It sounds like you have a front wheel drive if it says to remove the front wheels and clean. On a front wheel drive you should have a hole in the end of the shaft with the steel gears that drive the wheels. This hole comes out under the spring loaded key under the gears to allow the gears to free wheel when you push it forward and the engine is not running. Pump a little oil in the hole unit you see it coming out under the steel gear will lube the gear for free wheeling and not make a grinding sound. The major cause for the belt to jump off is small sticks or excessive grass build up under the belt or belt cover. If you remove the gears from the transmission shaft, there is other maintenance tasks that can be done.

Old 08-09-08, 08:31 AM
Thanks for the reply.

The model # is 20005 ser.# is 2500051211

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: