Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Weedeater XT200 - primer bulb empty?

08-10-08, 07:04 AM   #1  
Weedeater XT200 - primer bulb empty?

Just picked up a "gently" used XT200 gas weedeater. Hadn't been used since last summer and was bone dry. Added fresh gas/oil mix, and presto! She fired up beautifully. Started several times and used it for about 15 minutes and noticed that it was losing some power. Now it won't re-start.

I did notice that the primer bulb and lines going to and from it were all bone dry the entire time.

I'm guess the carburetor needs to be cleaned? The fuel lines looks OK in the tank. Any other suggestions?

We've been death on weedeaters this summer. The Weedeater 1500 has died and won't restart (carb cleaning again?) but has always been hard to restart, and the wife bent the shaft on the electric one trying to "tap" and go...

Sponsored Links
Forum Topic Moderator

GA

08-11-08, 12:08 AM   #2  
What happens when you repeatedly press the primer?

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

08-11-08, 06:40 PM   #3  
Absolutely nothing. Nada. Zip. Zilch. Same as if I don't press the primer button. No fluid inside it.

It started up beautifully with nothing but a tankful of fuel the first time we started it. Choke open, finger on the throttle, gave her a pull and away she went!

Now it just sounds like it's bone dry...?

Forum Topic Moderator

GA

08-11-08, 10:17 PM   #4  
Sounds like you may have a cracked fuel line.

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

Search this Thread