B&S Intek Edge Governor

Old 08-12-08, 04:05 PM
B&S Intek Edge Governor

I have a B & S 6.5 HP Intek Edge on a Scott Lawnmower. Motor Model # 121602-D121-E1 (about 10 years old)

I was having problems with the mower dieing and no power. Turned out that problem was due to a fouled plug and dirty air cleaner. But while trouble shooting it I took the carb off to check the float. And when I put it back together the motor races at a very fast rpm. (no more dieing and way too much power now) I had bent the LINK-MECH GOVERNOR and tried bending it multiple ways to fix the racing.

I ordered new carb gaskets and a new link-mech wire/rod, thinking that a new one would just drop in. Well it didn't just drop in and I don't want to bend it.

My question is it normal to bend it somewhat when replacing it, and if so where? I.E. is there a procedure for replacing it and adjusting it?
I have played with the governor arm, and if I adjust it so that the link-mech drops in without bending it hits the motor cover. Thus letting the motor run at excessive rpm. Spring is in good shape.

Thanks
Steve

Sponsored Links
Old 08-12-08, 11:37 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
You don't bend the wire. You remove the carb, connect the link, then reinstall the carb. Then you're going to have to reset the governor properly.