how do you open up a honda lawnmower to replace the transmission belt

Old 08-17-08, 08:43 AM
how do you open up a honda lawnmower to replace the transmission belt

I have a Honda Harmony self propelled walk behind lawnmower model HRM 215 HK. The transmission drive belt popped off its drive wheel and I can’t figure out how to open the mower up to put it back on.
It really popped off, so that it is not just a matter stretching it over the wheel that drives the blade and reseating it.

Can you please help me figure out where the screws or bolts are on this mower that let me get to its inside?

Last edited by snout; 08-17-08 at 08:45 AM. Reason: clarity
Sponsored Links
Old 08-17-08, 09:16 AM
You have the unit with the compsite deck correct?

The rear baffle needs to be removed from the mower deck to access the transmission. To do this you need to remove two rear engine mounting bolts as this also holds this baffle in, then there is a bolt pretty much in the middle of the baffle that screws up into the discharge chute area, this bolt needs to be removed (look in the chute area directly above this bolt and you will see a threaded plate that sits in a depression in the chute, sometimes you need to spray some lube on it as they can get corrosion on them). Finally there is a bolt on the left side of the mower deck behind the drive wheel; this one needs to be removed as well as the spacer underneath the bolt. Once these mounting bolts have been removed then you can pull the baffle down and out of the mower.

Old 08-17-08, 12:04 PM
right on

did all that, mower working, i am sweating. THANKS for the speedy reply