Now rebuilding Weedeater 25HO SST

Old 08-20-08, 06:53 PM
Now rebuilding Weedeater 25HO SST

Well now my brother-in-law has me rebuilding a Poulan Weedeater 25HO SST. I am going to put in a new ring, crankshaft seal, gaskets and a carb gasket kit. I have it mostly tore down now. Here is a link to the parts diagram

http://www.odref.com/poulan/pdf/WEED...S/25ho-sst.pdf

Two questions on page 5 of the diagram
1) after I remove the C clip #40 should the crankshaft just tap out?

2) The two gaskets on carb to engine and the gasket between the cylinder and crankcase all have the same part#. Does this mean all three come together in a kit?

Sponsored Links
Old 08-20-08, 07:16 PM
Question 1: Yes, the crankshaft should come out, but keep in mind that the crankshaft is supported by some bearings and the fit is pretty tight. It may not just "slip" out.

Question 2: Engine gasket kit reference # 60 appears to have several gaskets in it. I don't know if this is what you were talking about or not but it shows to include part reference numbers 7,10,26 and 49. This should pretty much cover what is needed to reassemble the engine.

Old 08-20-08, 07:25 PM
Thanks again 30yrtech! I see the gasket kit now and it has same part# as all the individual gaskets. This is real fun rebuilding these little motors. So cheap and easy.

Old 08-20-08, 07:28 PM
Glad you are enjoying yourself. For me its just work, although I do find helping with some advice to be fun and relaxing.

Old 08-21-08, 08:35 AM
I think there should be an Olympic event called the "Weedeater Toss" sort of like the hammer throw. They are such a pain in the butt. However, I still pick them up when I see them in someone's trash. The small engine shops close to me don't stock just the diaphram kits so it's necessary to buy the rebuild kits @ $10-$15 then fuel lines $4-$5. Now you have $20 in parts and 1-2 hrs labor in an item you can buy new at WallyWorld for $60. Sorry for my rant. Have a good one. Geo

Search this Thread