Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Choosing a mower

CT

08-21-08, 04:02 PM   #1  
Choosing a mower

In this corner, we have the model #38819 Craftsman 5.5 Torque Rating 21 in. 2-n-1 Deck Rear Bag Push Lawn Mower $169 (20% off) plus $35 ext warranty-total 3 years, and in this corner it's HD's Yard Machine 11A-41MB029 139cc/21" 2-in-1 Rear Bag Push Mower $169 (reg price) plus $20 ext warranty-total 3 years.

Place your bets!

Then theres always the Craftsman 5.5 Torque Rating 21 in. 3-n-1 Rear Bag Push Lawn Mower with High Wheels model# 38820 $189 (20% off) Same mower with big wheels and side exhaust.

Last edited by supersonicklutz; 08-21-08 at 04:09 PM. Reason: sp

Sponsored Links

PA

08-22-08, 06:39 AM   #2  
Having used a Walmart stocked piece of crap for the last 6 years, I'd look at the model with the best quality wheels and height adjusters, the strongest plastic discharge chute construction and handlebars tall enough that I don't have to hunch over like a troll while cutting. Seems you are interested in bagging, so I'd look at the ease of getting the bag on and off and it's construction as to whether it will easily break, or deform and therefore not fit any more. At this price range, you won't be getting a lot of bells and whistles, but getting decent wheels and adjusters that stay locked would be top on my list.

CT

08-29-08, 02:39 PM   #3  
Sorry for the delay. Yes, the troll thing is out. bagging is desired, the bag on the 1991 Craftsman was nice, ez to remove, built well, but that was a long time ago. Bells and whistles arent necessary as my lawn is just a little bigger than a postage stamp. The fancier it gets, the more there is to break. Just something simple, that will last, but these days that probably costs $. The big wheels are a good idea. Im gonna say Briggs & Stratton is a must.

Search this Thread