slow hydraulics

Old 08-22-08, 01:58 PM
slow hydraulics

Can anyone tell me what causes the hydraulics to be slow on a tractor.The front bucket is real slow unless I take some pressure off the system by lowering the back gannon just a touch.I dont think it is the pump because it is just as strong as it has always been....................Rick

Sponsored Links
Old 08-22-08, 08:01 PM
If you say its just as strong as it ever was. That is telling me its a filter. However, I have seen air in the lines act the same way. Make sure the fluid is up to the full level.

Old 08-23-08, 05:46 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
I have an old ford tractor [53] so I don't know how it relates to yours but with mine, cold fluid is usually the main cause of slow hydraulics. Obviously it gets better as the bucket or rear lift is used. On mine, you check fluid level with both lifts fully extended.

Old 08-23-08, 06:48 AM
Originally Posted by rkc1202 View Post
Can anyone tell me what causes the hydraulics to be slow on a tractor.The front bucket is real slow unless I take some pressure off the system by lowering the back gannon just a touch.I dont think it is the pump because it is just as strong as it has always been....................Rick

With so many different tractors, it helps to know what model, etc. you are referring.

In addition, if this is a full size farm tractor I think this would be the wrong forum to ask.