Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

5 HP Snowchief

08-22-08, 03:49 PM   #1  
5 HP Snowchief

I have a 5 HP Snowchief (not sure how old it is). The auger was jammed, (my Dad replaced the shear pin with a reg. bolt), which caused the auger drive pulley to jam. I was able to dismantle the auger/chute assembly to free up the auger blades, but when I re-assembled it I had the body of the snowblower (the back half where the engine is mounted) tipped way back. Now I can't get it to start with the choke open or closed, primed or not primed. Being that we live 20 miles north of Milwaukee and it's the middle of August, it is about 85 degrees and fairly humid. I've never tried starting it in these conditions before so I have no idea if this could affect the air/fuel mix, or if tipping it over flooded it. The plug is a little fouled but prior to this, it always started on the first pull (in the winter, mind you). HELP HELP HELP PLEASE!

Sponsored Links

TX

08-22-08, 04:27 PM   #2  
Tipping the unit over could have flooded fuel out the carburetor, let it sit over night, or pull the spark plug out and pull the rope several times with the ignition switch turned off and the plug wire grounded to the engine frame.

If the plug is fouled, the replace it and try starting it again. It should start easier with the current weather then in winter.

MA

08-23-08, 07:52 PM   #3  
Usually tipping a snowblower back on the handles will not flood the carb. If you had regular bolts in and hit something hard enough to jam augers you may have sheared your flywheel key.

Search this Thread