Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Briggs & Stratton 28n707 Fuel Filter

WA

09-02-08, 05:45 PM   #1  
Briggs & Stratton 28n707 Fuel Filter

Does the B & S 28N707 small engine have a fuel pump? I can't tell from the manual. I'm replacing the fuel filter and the part number depends on this. When I check it out online, the filters looks exactly the same, except the one for no pump is colored red and the one for a pump is colored off-white. Neither one looks like the elaborate filter now on my Toro Wheel Horse lawn tractor. This filter was probably installed last time I had it serviced (probably because it cost more), but I am now servicing on my own. The part number for the red, no-pump filter is 298090 and the other is 394358. Since they look the same, can I use either one (I already bought the white one by mistake)?

Sponsored Links

TX

09-02-08, 05:56 PM   #2  
Need the type number off the engine to tell if it has a fuel pump. If you can trace the fuel line from the tank to the filter and straight to the carburetor then I don't think there is a fuel pump. Usually unit equipped with a pump will have a fuel filter then the line will go to the pump and finally the carburetor. If there is nothing but a fuel hose from the filter to the carburetor, you most likely do not have a fuel pump.

Search this Thread