Yard Man Lawn Tractor Model791 won't move

Old 09-02-08, 05:53 PM
Yard Man Lawn Tractor Model791 won't move

I checked the mfg website and Googled this problem but can't find an answer. My sister-in-law has a Yard Man lawn tractor model 791 that runs perfectly except it won't move. I was mowing with it and stopped to move something. When I get back on and restarted the machine it started and operated fine but it would not move. The rear wheels seem to be locked. It can't be pushed as the rear wheels won't go. I have looked at everything and can find no broken belt. There is a long lever thing in the rear that apparently attaches to the transmission and that seems to work OK. Any ideas or suggestions as to where to begin on this would be appreciated. There is no means to transport this to a shop for service so we will have to do it at home.
Jerry

Sponsored Links
Old 09-02-08, 05:58 PM
It could have a stuck brake lever. If you could post the complete model number (usually found under the seat), we can take a look at how this unit is put together and give you some better ideas of things to check for.

Old 09-02-08, 06:27 PM
The full model number is 13AN791G755 model year 2005

Old 09-02-08, 06:32 PM
Thanks for the numbers

The unit in question, shows to have a hydrostat transmission. The first thing to check is the drive belt. It could have come off of the input drive pulley on the transmission, or it may just have broke. The belt is the most likely culprit.

Since it is a hydro transmission you will not be able to push the mower with out activating the by pass valve, there should be a lever on the back of the mower that is moved to "push" position in order for the wheels to move freely.

Let us know what you find and post back.